Monday, December 04, 2006

Truly Wicked.

Last week Crystal, Beepers and myself were in the big Apple. We were taking a cruise with Crystal's family from NY to the Bahamas and back. That is a story that I will have to tell when I have more time. While we were in NY, Crystal wanted to go see a Broadway show and obtained tickets to see Wicked. I was intrigued at the brief synopsis that she gave me, but I was not prepared for what I was to behold.

The stage and the props were magnificent, I was really impressed with the quality and the detail. I am not completely without culture and I was expecting to enjoy the show, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. In fact, even now over a week later I am still humming some of the tunes to myself. For those of you who don't know what the play is about here is a brief summary.
"Long before Dorothy dropped in, two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. One, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. How these two unlikely friends end up as the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch makes for the most spellbinding new musical in years."
The plot was good, it has some funny bits, and the music was great. If you ever get the chance to see this show, I would recommend that you do.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

I'm intrigued. I hope to see it someday.

By the way, I've got a New Year's resolution for you -- write more blogs!

Remember, I complain because I care.