Monday, February 05, 2007

Gettin' Freaky!!!

While recently watching an episode of Beauty and the Geek (one of my guilty pleasures), they were featuring a book from the bestseller list titled, "Freakonomics" . I thought that it sounded somewhat interesting so I picked it up from the library.

I throughly enjoyed this book. The book is based on research done by an economist that sees the world in a different way. He likes to ask questions that not a lot of people ask, or he likes to find different answers to those questions that we thought we knew the answers to. The book reads very well and even though jam packed with information, I didn't find it boring at all. Here are some of the questions that he asks:
  • What do schoolteachers and Sumo Wrestlers have in common?
  • How is the Ku Klux Klan like a group of real estate agents?
  • Why do drug dealers still live with their moms?
  • What makes a perfect parent?
Even though some of these questions sound very obscure the facts behind it all tell the truth and link it all together. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes facts, odd questions, and wishes perhaps to see things in a different light.

On another note, I hated writing book reports in school, is that what I just did?

No comments: