Monday, June 04, 2007

My Precioussssssssssss!

I have been trying to make it a habit to go to the gym three times a week, before work. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes I am not, but that is not the point of this post. Before my workout I take all the stuff out of my pockets and remove my wedding ring and I put it in the pocket of my gym bag. I put that stuff in a locker, lock it up and then go on my merry way. After the workout I retrieved the bag and began to empty it's contents. I quickly realized that my wedding ring was missing. I know that I had put it in there, so I searched the bag more thoroughly just to make sure that it wasn't hiding in any of the corners. Much to my dismay it wasn't there. I thought back to earlier that morning and remember that as I was walking from the car to the gym, that was when I began putting the stuff in the gym bag. Oh no! I must have dropped it. I couldn't believe that I lost my ring. To me it's not the fact that it would be semi expensive to replace but even though we have only been married five years, I am attached to it and what it represents. Anyway, I dashed outside to retrace my steps. I started at the main entrance and worked my way back to the car, scanning the ground like a helicopter searching for an escaped convict. Suddenly I spotted something, it was my ring, my precioussssss! Laying right in the middle of the main drive in the parking lot. I can't believe how blessed I am. People must have been walking by it for the last hour and a half and no one picked it up, it didn't get run over even though it was in prime position for cars to drive over it. I still almost can't believe it as I look down and see it resting on my finger. Today was a tiny miracle just for me...

4 comments:

MNCarlsson said...

Wow, that is lucky. After the sad story of losing the diamond from your wife's wedding ring, to lose your ring would have been a devastating loss.

RNAi said...

Wow! I had a friend lose his titanium wedding ring in the ocean out here. Bad news! Your Georgia trip looked really cool, but if you want some REAL southern BBQ you need to come our way.

MNCarlsson said...

If you ever do lose your wedding ring, you could always replace it with one of these...
http://www.titaniumrings.com/bluOneB.html

The Artist said...

Wouldn't have been a problem in St. George either, as most people around here have their nose pointed straight up.

It's amazing to me that many of them can drive let alone see where their are walking.

But anyways, gratz on finding it. The power has been restored!