Thursday, July 05, 2007

Slightly Toasted, but Cold in the Center

Yesterday being the fourth of July meant that we spent quite a bit of time outside. In being my normal lazy self, I didn't put on any sunblock and got a slight sunburn on my neck. It's really not that bad, just enough so that it bothers you from time to time.

This morning I woke up and realized that what I thought might have been mild allergies yesterday, seems to have evolved into a cold. So here I sit looking out the window at the 100°F weather, with a slight sunburn and a cold. It just doesn't feel right. I hate having colds, but having them in the winter seems to make sense. In the summer when everything is bright and hot, just doesn't seem the right time to have a cold. Am I the only one that feels this way?

5 comments:

MNCarlsson said...

You're not the only one, I always thought it was weird to have a cold in the winter. Even more having a cold that is accompanied by a fever never made any sense either
Perhaps we should petition for a change of name.

The Artist said...

Its weeks like this that cause havoc on all of us.

We were trying to get around town at 117 degrees today.

To get a cold when its so hot... /cry

Benjamin said...

Poop. That does sound horrible. My family just got over a minor colds. Not so fun. Luckily, they never got too horrible.

M.Flutterby said...

Hmmm... I think your cold bug mutated into a computer virus. The day after reading your post I woke up with a sore throat that turned out to be strep.
Strep anytime isn't fun, but strep in the summer that comes with a fever is certainly not cool.

Mac G said...

Oh gross! I'm sorry that you are sick and I hope that you feel better soon.