Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Reading Railroad..

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a fairly addictive personality. After school ended last summer and Crystal reintroduced me to the library, I dove right in and started reading books like crazy. Crystal suggested that I keep track of the books that I read, and that kind of appealed to me, so I did it. The only problem is that with me being a geek, I took it one step further and made a spreadsheet with graphs and everything. As I finished a book the other day I religiously updated my spreadsheet and then glanced at the totals, I was actually surprised to see how much I have done since the beginning of the year. *****Brag Alert****** Since January 1st I have read fourteen books totaling 5564 pages. ****** End Bragging ******

I realize that this represents a significant amount of time but I try to limit myself to times when Crystal and Beepers are either sleeping, or otherwise occupied. I really enjoy it and I am excited to see how much I can accomplish before the year's end.

2 comments:

M.Flutterby said...

Holy cow!
I work at a bookstore and even though I'm always in the middle of a book, or two, or sometimes even three... I doubt I'm even close to reading that much this year. With an average of almost 400 pages, those must have been some pretty big books.
Grats on your accomplishment.

Benjamin said...

If it makes you feel any better, the only reason I don't do what you do is because of my lack of know-how. I keep track of my reading in Excel, but I've yet to venture into the world of charts and graphs. You go guy!